Re: [NTLK] Question on internet for newton

From: Dave Abramowitz (underdog_at_erols.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 11:13:10 PDT

Here's a link to Newton Ethernet resources:
http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/ - yes, the 3COM cards (some) work, as
do some of the D-Link and others. Check the list at the link above to make
sure yours does.

As for transferring packages to the Newt, you have a few options. You can
either use Newton Connection Utilities on a Mac or PieceofCrap (PC) and
transfer that way (Ethernet), or you could upload the packages to your web
mail account, and use something like SimpleMail
(http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/road/aah66/) which, in version 4.x
understands MIME, so it will allow you to retrieve attachments, namely your
Newt packages, via e-mail.

Enjoy,
Dave