Re: [NTLK] Question on internet for newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 21:49:36 PDT

I also have the 3com drivers on my site with the
proper MIME set (you can browse the site with your
Newt and click the files and they will install right
onto your Newt)
I put them up there for another Newton-ite, and he
said that they installed perfectly.
http://gng.tek-ed.com/newton
(or if you're running NewtScape, you can browse
directly to the virtual at: http://newton.tek-ed.com
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Dave Abramowitz <underdog_at_erols.com> wrote:

> Here's a link to Newton Ethernet resources:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/ - yes, the
> 3COM cards (some) work, as
> do some of the D-Link and others. Check the list at
> the link above to make
> sure yours does.
>
> As for transferring packages to the Newt, you have a
> few options. You can
> either use Newton Connection Utilities on a Mac or
> PieceofCrap (PC) and
> transfer that way (Ethernet), or you could upload
> the packages to your web
> mail account, and use something like SimpleMail
> (http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/road/aah66/)
> which, in version 4.x
> understands MIME, so it will allow you to retrieve
> attachments, namely your
> Newt packages, via e-mail.
>
> Enjoy,
> Dave

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...