[NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 09:08:11 EST

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 04:51:23 -0800 (PST)
> From: j kallo <quietglow_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format
>
> I mean, doesn't it seem kinda odd that we
> freak over trying to hunt down someone to pay for
> software they no longer care about, and yet we have no
> trouble distributing Tolkien's life's work?

It's all about honesty. I have a printed version of LOTR, and as things are,
there is no "official" eBook available, AFAIR.
I surely am no angel, but I tend to pay for art (music, literature) if I
like it. If not, I usually don't keep it.
In case of software, I just happen to have my TimeLock-Trial extension
expired a few days ago.
It's a nice prog., I really miss it, and I think I'll get myself up and pay
for it soon, although I'm sure it would be possible to hack it.

Oliver :)

--
A:Isn't this practice also known as "percussive maintenance"?
B:No, I just had to kick something.