Re: [NTLK] OT: *.dat file?

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 11:51:32 EST

Hello All,

  I know this is a non-newton issue, however, I get a file from a friend of
mine from Japan that was in a *.dat format. It appears to be a sound file
of some sort, and I would like to see what she sent but my WinTel does not
seem to be able to recognize it. Does anyone know how to get my machine to
either run or convert (to something that either RealPlayer or Windows Media
Player can handle) the file?

Thanks,

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110