Re: [NTLK] (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 05:16:32 EST

on 11/1/01 11:24 PM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I realize that people outside the Newton community can
> come to my page and download the file..and that's
> OK...they can't do anything with it...the only people
> who can actually use these books are Newton users.

Not true, sorry. I hate to jump in on this issue, and I'm not really. :-)
Only that you can open a copy of a Newton book in an older version of
Microsoft Word on the Mac (I've done it in 5.0) and use the search/replace
to remove all the unicode "squares" between the letters, and then delete the
rest of the binary data, leaving the text behind. :-) Of course, it's not
likely that somebody is going to think of this, but it is possible...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland