Re: [NTLK] MessagePad vs ThinkPad

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 11:17:21 EST

on 11/2/01 10:14 AM, doppler at doppler_at_mac.com wrote:

> Scotty Technoir [mailrecipient_at_home.com] wrote the following 2001-11-02
> 06.44:
>
>> so Newton Data Browser via IR works only on the Mac side of the store. Alas,
>> must i trade my Thinkpad for an iBook?
>
> the ibook (1 & 2) lack IrDA ports, so youll have to go for a powerbook.
> sorry for mentioning. lets hope there will be a WLAN/lucent driver soon
>
> laurent? (dammit, id pay in advance...)

Don't do that! Wait for the driver to be released! Progress is very slow.
Actually, I haven't progressed a lot this week, and last week. I've been
affected with a disk problem on my Blue & White G3 at home. My 30 GB Maxtor
disk did start to act up earlier this week, and I had to reformat it,
loosing everthing that was on it. Sure, I didn't lost anything, since the
content was mostly applications, but it's still a pain to rebuild...

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.