Re: [NTLK] HWR and smaller screens

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 11:10:26 EST

>>jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us wrote:
>>
>> I find that it's easier to write on my Newton (2100) in landscape mode
>> rather than portrait.
>
>On 11/2/01 @ 8:34 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
>I've always been puzzled that so many people use their Newts in portrait,
>when I bought my first 2000 I rotated it immediately and it has been only
>rotated since for a couple of books and the first Dragon Hack ;-)

Interesting.

I use mine in portrait mode 99% of the time. I rarely find a reason to
use it in Landscape mode. I find it much easier to hold in portrait
mode. I use it like a sprial notebook. No longer carry paper, unless I
need handouts for a meeting.

I have used the Newt in portrait mode while flying, driving, walking, and
at sitting at the desk. Sits on my leg well and can write while doing
other things.

Just goes to show how far Apple was ahead of everyone else when it came
to user interface. Here we have two very opposing mindsets on the use of
the Newt, yet both are completely satisfied with it's use. Flexible
system, eh? :-)

Sushi