Re: [NTLK] MessagePad vs ThinkPad

From: Scotty Technoir (mailrecipient_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 17:50:35 EST

well, no evangelism is required here...i have been dragging my Duo
everywhere
with me for a long time, until i got an MP2K that is...the Thinkpad was just
too
cheap and a really nice unit, even if it is PC-side. Really i got it for
running
Caldera OpenLinux, but i wanted to try Windoze and the IR stuff first. Upon
reflection, it would likely be easier to get the Newt talking to the 'Pad
in Linux, via Sloup or whatever else has been hacked. If i could get
a Mac i-or-Power Book for the same money, there would be no decision...too
bad Macs are so coveted and hold their resale value for 4-5 years after they
are new!
Anyone need a Duo 2300c w/DockII, ethernet, Apple monitor, and SCSI 6-disc
changer?
I'm only asking $2500 USD! =]

scotty technoir