Re: [NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 03:19:34 EST

shhhh! it's a secret!
No, not really. I use two different Newton Book
applications. One is Newton Press (which I purchased
decades ago...well, not decades, but it seesm so) and
the other is Paperback. I prefer paperback because it
makes smaller books and you can change the font style
and size from the Newt. Newton Press has a very handy
indexing feature that when you have multi-thousand
page books is quite a usefull feature.
I acquired the books in Text format from sources. I
have also acquired The Hobbit which I will also be
posting. I've got to go out and buy a copy of the book
first...I've never read The Hobbit, so I'ld be
consciously guilty if I created a newton book without
FIRST owning a purchased copy.
Then viola! you "create" the book (kinda reminds me of
that comercial in the U.S. about the mother making
Rice-Krispy's squares and having to fake how difficult
it is to get sympathy from her family...It's really
that easy...In fact, I regularly convert files I have
in Newton Book format...Makes it easier to carry
around.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Raj Patel <rpatel_at_accelrys.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wow. Fantastic.
>
> How'd you get it to the Newton ? Is there a html or
> text version
> already online somewhere ?
>
> Thanks again for your efforts!
>
> (yes yes I know its a 'me too' post but this is very
> cool)
>
> Raj.

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...