Re: [NTLK] Reading Palm Books with Newt'sCape?

From: The Compulsive Splicer (splicer_at_paroxysm.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 04:56:00 EST

I wrote:

>Okay. Since Newt doesn't have any way to access the Internet (no modem,
>no ethernet, haven't been able to get Samsung Sprint PCS phone to act as
>a modem as advertised) that leaves me with getting files off the
>desktop. So I'll try to get EETransfer and see if that makes all me
>ebook reading dreams come true.

Darn. I finally found EEtransfer and it takes up like 400K. So I have to
wait to get the memory card I ordered. And it looks like if I just buy
an ethernet card for Newt, I wouldn't have to jump through all these
hoops, as I could just put whatever I want on a webserver and download
stuff real easily.

I have to admit that it's both amusing and frustratingly ironic that it
seems to be way easier to get something onto Newt from halfway around
the world than from a computer in the same room. Sigh.

Steve