Re: [NTLK] Newt or PocketPC ? (Previously HWR and smaller screens)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 06:09:14 EST

on 11/5/01 1:38 AM, Darl Singh at darl_at_xpress.net.nz wrote:

> I agree: none of the really big stuff, but quite a few small things keep
> annoying me - printing on non-US-sized paper, dates confusion - mostly wi=
th
> 3rd party apps, but I have been tripped up by something internally - and
> area codes that do/don't apply (eg I live in Hamilton, in the middle of t=
he
> Waikato area - all an '07' area code. Local calls within Hamilton need no
> code - most calls outside of it do. No way to enable/disable this in the
> OS - and fudging the number mucks up all numbers when syncing with apps t=
hat
> _do_ support this).

Hm. I don't understand your problem here. I do fine in Krakow. I set the
page setup for A4, and it prints fine. When I dial local (012) I get only
the local number, without the area code. When I dial Warsaw, I get the
proper prefixes. When I dial England or Germany, and, of course, the US, I
get the right intl. Codes. Am I mis-understanding you? Is your problem that
your city isn't in the Time Zones app? Have you added it?
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
=B3The fact that a fetus developing inside a human female belongs to the
biological species, Homo Sapiens, is not in itself morally significant. . .
. [and] does not in itself make it wrong to destroy it.=B2 --Dr. Michael
Tooley, professor at Colorado University