Re: [NTLK] Recommendations regarding MP2000 <> Windows PIM sync?

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 14:03:43 EST

You have three choices:

1) Lookout: unsupported hacked versions of this software work with Outlook
97, 98 and 2000. Main drawbacks include; program crashes destroy the PC
database (so frequent backups are a must); data deletion on Newt or PC does
not affect the other (you have to delete entries on BOTH devices to get rid
of data); and it is pretty slow.

2) Outlink: supported software that can be purchased. Main drawbacks are
problems with Newton soup entries that stop the sync process. I own this
program, but was never very happy with it. It is also slow.

3) Lotus Organizer and Puma's Intellisync for Laptops: You can set up NCU to
sync to Organizer 2.12, and have Intellisync take care of the syncronization
from Organizer to Outlook. I have tried using this method in the past and it
is very fast, but anniversary entries in the calendar can mess things up.
Also, NCU chokes on they Organizer sync about 30% of the time, so it isn't
particularly reliable. One advantage to this method is that NCU will sync
your Notes entries to Organizer Notes and Intellisync can sync it to
Outlook.

I'd try Lookout first and see what you think. But make sure to do regular
backups of the Lookout PC directory.