Re: [NTLK] Newton Press and Backdrops - the solution?

From: Grant [Tonic Bottle] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 15:36:15 EST

In a previous message, Filmer, Paul E. typed vigorously:

>- if you fiddle with the Press.INI file (or the NPLT resource on a Mac) and
>you change the bit number, you can get layouts of Classic and/or Universal
>size with 4-bit depth.

Just a note to clarify that the NPLT resource is found in the Newton
Press Platforms file located in the Preferences folder of the System
folder. Since ResEdit does not have a built-in copy of the NPLT resource
template, you must have the Newton Press application (or a copy of it)
open in ResEdit at the same time as the Newton Press Platforms file in
order to view and edit the individual fields of the NPLT resource.
Alternatively, using a copy of ResEdit, you can copy the applicable TMPL
resource (ID=132) from the Newton Press application and paste it into
ResEdit for future use.

Sounds like we have a bunch of things to add to the FAQ...

Now if we could just find a way to fiddle with Newton Press to make it
more stable. Zoinks!

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/