[NTLK] Steve Jobs on PDA's and the iPod.

From: Tim (speeddemon_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 23:44:52 EST

    In a recent interview Steve Jobs stated something along the lines
that music is universal, and we all use it, yada, yada, yada, thus, the
iPod. While this is as true now as ever, he used his observations of PDA
use as a gauge on the PDA market. He said something like he'd noticed
how the number of PDA users had dropped at meetings as time had gone by.
I'm wondering if bothered to consider the types of PDA's. Did he really
take an informed survey? Perhaps those people came to the same
realization the rest of us have. PDA's in meetings are probably gonna be
used for notes, and as we all know, the Newton is the best at this. Were
Newtons even allowed into the room Steve? I wonder if anyone is allowed
to even have a Newton visible inside Apple's doors. Hey Steve, since
Apple still appears to have some Newts locked away, why not do a real
scientifically accurate test? I know it's a moot point. Steve's too
threatened by Newton, but I just have to call him on it.