Re: [NTLK] Steve Jobs on PDA's and the iPod.

From: MAnderson_at_Shipley.com
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 05:01:49 EST

Actually, Steve *specifically* addressed meetings *outside* of Apple, but
IIRC, at other fast-technology companies. At my company, on the other
hand, where for several years I was the *only* PDA user (HP200LX then
Newton MP2k), I had seen a sharp increase during the mid 2000 - mid 2001
time, but things are economically so bad now that spending is gone. The
unit sales speak volumes to what is happening. As for how they are used,
that is another question. If you don't have a plan (inside yourself) for
how to use the technology - *and data* - you are in trouble. People who
buy a PDA (Palm / Pocket PC - Newts, Psions of HPLX's only sell to the
cognoscenti at this point) often buy it because it seems cool, or everyone
in their group has one, or for some specific gadgety reason (like MP3 on
the Pocket PC). Data management on a PDA is not less of an issue than on a
desktop or laptop ... perhaps more.

Mike