[NTLK] Apple Newton Repairs still going...

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 12:15:06 EST

Well, after years of dealing with the scratches in the screen, the slightly
cracked frame, the ever dimming backlight, and lots of little things here
and there, I finally damaged my MP2100 enough to justify sending it in for
an overhaul.

I dropped it, and though it still works, the frame got a big enough crack in
it that it prevents the door from closing. That, combined with everything
else was enough.

So, I called Apple. I tried to call the number I had for the Fulfillment
Center (888)273-3594, but just got a busy signal. So, I went with
(800)SOS-Apple. Followed the recordings around and ended up having to call
Applecare at (800)275-2273. I followed the phone tree through, and spent
about an hour on hold before finally getting a person (thank god for speaker
phone). However, when I did get someone they were very helpful. Took my
serial number and all my complaints. Explained it would be about $200
(which I knew) and I had a fed-ex box the next day.

Now I have restored my backup to my spare and have sent out my baby.
Hopefully will have it back, in better than new shape, within a few weeks.

Overall, a good experience. Would have been worse, if I minded being on
hold, but I had kind of expected it, so I was working the whole time.

Just keeping you all in the loop.

Loren