Re: [NTLK] Copy This! + coffee

From: DON (don_at_dcphotos.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 12:22:54 EST

>> Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 03:47 -0800 (PST)
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Copy This!
>> From: Woo Lee <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net>
>>

>> Even nicer try Don.
>> You forget that big companies invest in each other thru stocks, therefore
>> Sony makes more profit when TDK, BASF or Maxell sell more mediums.
>> Besides, whose mediums does Sony sell their stuff on when you buy a movie,
>> a CD, or make a <gasp!> copy for the road and/or 'friend'.
>>
>> BTW, who makes MD for Sony???
Another point, just because the tape/cd manufacturing co. have to charge
this "TAX" DOES NOT increase their profits. If what you say is true, then
the record companies get paid the tax not the tape/cd companies. SO, by
having to charge MORE for their products, does not affect their bottom line
net income. SO, therefore for the Record Companies there is no need to
invest in tape/cd manufacturing companies as the get the "TAX" anyway.
Seems to me, people may be apt to NOT buy tapes/cd's because of the higher
price, therefore driving profits DOWN again a reason not to invest.

After another cup o' Joe,
Don