Re: [NTLK] A few real Newton questions...

From: Andre Baron (abaron_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 19:03:11 EST

on 11/8/01 3:09 PM, NDCHEG1_at_aol.com at NDCHEG1_at_aol.com wrote:

<SNIP>
>=20
> 2) Small Mac question (I'm SO sorry for going off topic). Running 9.1 wi=
th a
> G3 upgrade card in L2 cache slot on a Mac 4400. Also have a Firewire / U=
SB
> card. I know it's a frankenstein machine, and I need a new one. After
> remodeling the bathroom, I'll save up the cash. But CD Rom doesn't want =
> mount CD's onto desktop. I can start up on a CD, and ran disk doctor, so=
 it's
> not hardware issue. I think it's a quicktime extension giving me problem=
s,
> but can't nail it down. So now I can't burn CD's anymore on my new Iomeg=
> firewire drive, because can't read the music CD's.
>=20
> ;-( Any experience or ideas?

<SNIP>

Hmmm sounds like you probably have an extension conflict, but damn! that is
a severely frankstiened machine. I would say you have an extension conflic=
for sure. Start buy going to Mac OS Base + Whatever bare essentials you
need to get the computer started. Then just start adding extensions till
the cd drive stops working.

Andr=E9=20