Re: [NTLK] SER-001

From: Tim (speeddemon_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 14:14:35 EST

It's a little adapter that one of the NTLK guys was making recently.
Basically what it did was do away with the Newton 2000 dongle adapter.
The SER was implanted into a pre-existing place on the board, the small
panel (outlined as if it was intended in future development) was punched
out, and you could plug in a standard Apple ADB cable. Some have
complained that the Newton dongle port was weak, but I've maintained a
delicate touch and it has remained intact. The SER had some limitations
in use, but I'm sure that would've been worked out if Apple had
continued development.