[NTLK] SmartDog / ipaq

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 12:30:15 EST

My daughter's boyfriend was over the other night with his fancy new ipaq
and just
for the heck of it we tried a beaming exercise. A couple of interesting
occurances
happened. We successfully beamed a Note from the ipaq to the 2100,
although, it
appears that once that was accomplished that is as far as it goes.
Normally if you
do this with a Palm OS device it sits in your I/O box and then at that
point you
can translate it to something the Newton understands and then transfer
to Notes.
  The only option from this beamed item is to view it (Ascii??) or to
"log" it. I am
guessing that is because there is no translators pkg for this, that is
why it does not offer the "translate option". The other thing I found
interesting was when the two units were handshaking, the word NEWTON
appeared on the ipaq's screen!

Greg