Re: [NTLK] screen protectors

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 00:14:22 EST

on 21/11/01 17:39, Kevin Hagen at caoimhin2000_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've occasionally lurked here and on the old list, and I know this has
> come up probably a thousand times before, but I'd like to know what are
> the best screen protectors and where can I get them? I have an upgraded
> MP2000.

The only screen protectors still commercially available are the NuShields, I
think at <http://www.nushield.net/>.

-Laurent.

fandango on core n.: [Unix/C hackers, from the Iberian dance] In C, a wild pointer that runs out of bounds, causing a core dump, or corrupts the malloc(3) arena in such a way as to cause mysterious failures later on, is sometimes said to have `done a fandango on core'. On low-end personal machines without an MMU (or Windows boxes, which have an MMU but use it incompetently), this can corrupt the OS itself, causing massive lossage. Other frenetic dances such as the cha-cha or the watusi, may be substituted. See aliasing bug, precedence lossage, smash the stack, memory leak, memory smash, overrun screw, core.