[NTLK] Slip suppression widget [Was: Ethernet card doesn't work]

From: Grant [Box Model] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 11:24:59 EST

In a previous message, R Pickett typed vigorously:

>> once you have the 3comaddon installed, when you insert the card, you=20
>> won't get any auto-slip popping up, but it should work ok when you try=20=
>
>Ooh, that reminds me to ask.
>
>Did anyone ever make a widget to suppress various popups at boot for
>card detection, etc?
>
>It would be -so- nice if when I had to reset, I didn't have to poke
>through two slips telling me about my two cards (yes, I know, thank you)
>and that the machine restarted because reset was pressed (yes, I know,
>thank you) before I was able to get back to what I was doing.

I would dearly love this as well, specifically for use with NPDS. Between
the slips for the ethernet card, the memory card, the Apple debug tools,
and a reminder that my Newton was just restarted (Why, thank you very
much, I didn't know...), there's like at least four taps to get a clear
screen again.

Something along the lines of Okey Dokey Pro for Mac would be great. It
automatically dismisses dialog boxes after a user-definable time period.

http://www.macnn.com/thereview/potd/091599.shtml

Any thoughts?

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/