Re: [NTLK] AW: AW: Cover me... I'm goin' in!

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 09:08:10 EST

> But, if you are "grounding" your self it's not a problem, and in countries
> like Brazil, with a high humidity the eletrostatic never heppens.
Is this really like you say? We've here lots of rain too (this year was
awfull, rain from March till now with about 3 dry weeks in July and October)
but it still gets dry in between. Especially as soon as the temperatures go
below zero deg C like today and no snowfall happens, its getting dry with
less than 20% humidity in the air. At each occasion you'll get flashed, e.g.
at exiting your car or greeting other persons. All that is outside but
inhouse humidity might vary and I'm shure it is sort of dry inside brazil
houses too :-) The danger is in rubbing modern synthetic clothes against
modern synthetic upholstery and the like before or during touching
electronics. If I do that work in my cellar I normally wear cotton clothes
and use conductive foam as desk cover and connect a wrist band to the ground
of my soldering station.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing