[NTLK] Dashboard speed issues?

From: Eric Byrne (ericbyrne_at_eircom.net)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 18:48:33 EST

Hello list,
Woo Lee wrote recently;

"Dashboard doesn't use a lot of heap, but it slows my AMP21K to reg.
speeds
Try this, get Roger Milne's 'Full Screen 1.1', speeds it back up and has a
nice feature when you tap the 'star'."

I haven't noticed this myself, on either an accelerated 2100 or my backup
2100.
Victor Rehorst also mentioned that Dashboard slowed down his Newt too.
How come it seems to run fine on mine, is it a low heap issue or a conflict
perhaps?
I noticed there is a very small delay when launching apps., but that's it.
Also Roger Milne's 'Full Screen 1.1' seems to just do what Dashboard itself
can do,
that is, hide the button bar.
Look forward to any replies,
Eric Byrne