[NTLK] Re - a/c adapter 130 question

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 06:55:14 EST

> my quicktake adapter is 6volts and 2 amps

Sufficient for powering the Newton, but not enough for fully
charging rechargeables.

> I wasnt too concerned about the extra amps in the QT adapter,

You needn't be for all models up to and including the 130.

> butttt with only 6 volts, not the needed 7v, it obviously will
> pull more amps

No, it will draw pretty much the same amount. The voltage is
stabilized in a way that the electronics always sees more or less
the same voltage and thus draw more or less the same current.

> will pulling more amps damage the 130? or am i fine

You are fine.

Frank

Newton software and hardware stuff at www.pda-soft.de