Re: [NTLK] Rhapsody == OS X

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 03:43:51 EST

First of all my recollection of the name Rhapsody showing up on Apple's
article (and not Copland) is correct. I may not be able to easily find
the page again in a myriad of articles, but I am able to recall that I
saw Rhapsody and not Copland. Your conclusion "Can't find article
therefore must be wrong" is almost insulting and I don't think you would
accept any such comment made to yourself in a similar situation.

Then again, under the law the owner of a property who has both the
controlling and beneficial ownership (the default), has the *sole* right
to determine whatever concerns the property. Nobody else has.

Unless Apple has placed the controlling ownership into a trust and only
retained the beneficial ownership (i.e. for tax reasons), which is
unlikely and in which case it would be the trustees who decide, ...
Unless that was the case, they, Apple are the only ones to determine
anything that concerns their property. If they say Rhapsody is a
different piece of property than OSX, then that is legally binding for
as long as they don't change their mind and say differently.

In any event I couldn't care less and this whole discussion misses the
point. The point was that until there is a product on the market (i.e. a
Newton revival or a PDA version of iPod) anything is but rumours and not
to be taken seriously as history shows that projects can go on and on
and change and change and eventually they can get cancelled or if they
don't get cancelled then at least they have gone through so many
reinventions and redefinitions that nobody even remembers what they once
were intended to be.

In other words, don't hold your breath for a PDA iPod no matter what the
rumours are. We may as well believe in Father Xmas, not much of a
difference there. I believe it when I see it and I don't expect anything
any time soon if at all.

kind regards
BK