Re: [NTLK] iPod and Newton engineers

From: James Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 11:52:58 EST

> QuickTime player, and email device. It's also reported that a bunch of
> engineers from the old Newton group worked directly on the internal
> workings of the iPod.

  *Very* interesting.. Although for a PDA, the iPods screen seems
awefully small for anything more than a phone book (think REX) If it had
a touchscreen built-in, I might just buy one now, knowing that they could
release a firmware upgrade, or maybe someone will figure out how to hack
it (unlikely, the Newton was more documented internally than the iPod is
AFAIK, and it hasn't been hacked substantially)

Jim