Re: [NTLK] AW: I'm Back!!

From: Markus Rasch (m.rasch_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 15:05:17 EST

From: "Johannes Wolf" <jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl>

> Let me add one point to the redesign of the SER-001:
> - maybe it is possible to take into consideration a Mini-DIN connector with higher
> quality (the plugs tend to have a loose contact and this is the reason for several
> contact problems - as reported in the list)

Why not use a connector like it is used in the MP1x0 models or on computer mainboards.
These connectors have one or more additional pins that click into place and make a better
mechanical connection to the PCB. The ones used in MP1x0 models even have a shielding,
which makes them electrically more reliable and mechanically more durable.

Markus