Re: [NTLK] AW: I'm Back!!

From: Markus Rasch (m.rasch_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 17:10:09 EST

From: "Humphreys, David" <david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com>

> Actually, the connectors ARE the same ones used in the MP1x0
> models.

The same brand?

> They are modified by removing the shielding and milling a step in
> the top.
>
> This is done so that it will fit in the available slot. Also,
> changing the connector to anything other than a mini-din will
> necessitate changing all that plugs into it.

No, no I didn't mean changing the connector type but maybe switching to another brand.
Sorry, if I didn't make myself clear enough.

There are differenet mini-din connectors out, some cheap ones and ones for better
mechanical connection to the PCB. For example used for keyboard and mouse connectors of
PCs (also mini-din).

Here are some pics of the ones I mean (they have different pin counts, but the size is
always the same):

http://www.rs-components.de/images/C463445-01.jpg

http://213.68.248.235/Ecommerce/artikel/MDB9.jpg

http://www.conrad-electronic.de/pix/738/G1/738296G1.JPG

http://www.conrad-electronic.de/pix/732/G1/732141G1.JPG

Some are shielded some not, but all have one ore more pins for the better mechanical
connection to the PCB.

Maybe the connectors will need some milling to fit but it should be possible without
modifying the Newton.

Markus