Re: [NTLK] Potential for large number of bounced messages?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 13:50:38 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 11/28/01 1:43 PM, the entity known as
Christopher Plummer at plumcakes_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> Fire up the back-up list?
>
> On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, at 01:34 PM, Eric L. Strobel wrote:
>

>> There are a number of us on this list who are @Home customers. Excite
>> is
>> making noise like they want to shutdown the entire @Home system this
>> Friday,
>> as part of their ongoing bankruptcy saga. So, just a warning to those
>> running the list (and everyone else)... If there really is a service
>> interruption, I don't know what that many bounced messages will do.
>> Further, I'd guess that a bunch of us might get automagically
>> unsubscribed.
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> - Eric.

Perhaps you missed the point. This has NOTHING to do with the HOSTING of
the list. This has to do with dozens (at least) of SUBSCRIBERS to the list
potentially ending up with their Internet access (via @Home) cut off because
of the bankruptcy antics of Excite.

- Eric.