Re: [NTLK] did the Xray kill my MP2100?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 20:58:32 EST

on 28/11/01 18:11, Tom Jamrog at balrog_at_midcoast.com wrote:

> I do very little traveling, but I think there is an airport coincidence with
> my MP 2100 failing to register any new notes or meetings. I get a "Sorry ,
> a problem has occurred . (-10557)" message anytime I try and put something
> new into it. It never did this before it went through the xray machine at
> San Francisco airport yesterday on my way back home here in Maine. I didn't
> want to put it through , but they told me they put through computers all the
> time with no problem. What is going on here? I tried the reset button and
> removing and reinstalling batteries, but each time the MP restarted i did
> not get the usual message about cards ( I have two - an 8 and a 2 meg flash
> in the slots) . I can read anything that is on there OK, but can't write
> due to the error message above. I have never used this forum before and am
> desperate. I use the 2100 daily in my work. Help!

Tom,

What's your default store? Does the error occur when the default store is
the internal memory? It's not clear what is happening with your cards. What
do you mean when you say "did not get the usual message about cards"? Do the
cards mount?

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM bug!"