Re: [NTLK] [OT] More on Apple wont fix it!

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 04:47:21 EST

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 01:38, BK wrote:

> Similar thing happened to me lately. I had a PowerBook 2400c with a bad
> attitude, it wouldn't boot if it was hot. So after you used it for 30
> minutes or so, if it crashed or you wanted to reboot for whatever other
> reason, you had to put the thing into the fridge for 5 or 10 minutes.

I've seen this notion pass by a couple times, and just wanted to mention
that refrigerating your laptop, even for a very short time, is a REALLY
BAD IDEA -- you'll end up with condensation on the inside, even if your
temperature delta is just a few degrees. And I don't have to explain
why water inside your computer (or inside your hard drive, yipes) is a
Really Bad Thing(tm).

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs