Re: [NTLK] Best way to prep card for ejection?

From: Grant [Chaotic Calm] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 11:31:18 EDT

In a previous message, Paul Guyot typed vigorously:

>>Anybody else using CardEject and Avi's run into these errors?
>
>I never had any trouble with CardEject which I used in the past (I've
>been using Avi's Backdrop for years). Could you please post the bug
>trap log?

Yes indeed.

Just to clarify what is happening, I launch CardEject and click the
"Eject" button for my 6MB flash card. CardEject tells me that I can now
remove the card. As soon as I hit the mechanical eject button on the side
of my MP2100, I get a "Sorry, a problem has occurred. (77)
" error. Reinserting the card generates a couple of "There's a problem
activating package nnnn..." errors and then the Newton spontaneously
reboots.

The error messages flash by fairly quickly, but it looks like the
packages that are having trouble getting reactivated are apps which add
buttons to the backdrop app (nHTML, Corrector+, and so on...)

I noticed that the last time this errors occurred, NPDS Watcher generated
a BugTrap report before Avi's did. Anyway, here are the reports:

http://newton.splorp.com:8080/html/32227393$293.nsd
http://newton.splorp.com:8080/html/32227393$294.nsd

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/