Re: [NTLK] Best way to prep card for ejection?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 01:28:58 EDT

You know...I'm not a very trusting guy...I like the
fact that when I attempt to eject a card, that it
reminds me that I will destroy the card beyond repair
if I ignore the message and continue.
If I were to use a "program" that prevented this from
happening, I would constantly be worried that that one
time when I ejected my card, my data would be ruined!
I just can't afford that luxury (you see, I don't
dock...never needed to!)
So, when the Newt reminds me to "reinsert the card" I
say "thank you" to my little green buddy and
pleasantly proceed, happy in the knowledge that there
are those close to me watching out for my better
interests!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Grant [Chaotic Calm] Hutchinson"
<grant_at_splorp.com> wrote:

> I been reading conflicting information about this,
> so I thought I'd ask
> the gang...
>
> What is the best way to prepare a storage card
> (cleaning up packages,
> etc.) before ejecting it. I'm getting extremely
> tired of having to eject
> and reinsert a card over and over again in order for
> all packages to be
> correctly suspended or deactivated? Is there a quick
> and easy trick to
> this built into NOS? Or is there a simple utility
> that does the job? All
> you folks juggling multiple cards must have a trick
> or two up your
> sleeves. (Right Woo?)
>
> Any suggestions will be most appreciated.
>
> g.

> Grant Hutchinson Interface
> Considerations & Toys

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...