[NTLK] Large Newton Case

From: Gary Zambrano (Gazam_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 09:00:30 EDT

Have any of ya'lls gone to Staples or Office Depot and seen them large CD
cases. The pleather ones?

Well I bought one that holds 48 CD's. The width is about 6 1/2 inches and
about 11 inches tall, thickness about 2 inches deep.

I looked at it one day and looked over at my Newton Keyboard and a Newton
light bulb popped above my head. So I placed the keyboard with my MP2000 in
it and zipped it up. Perfect fit! And it looks like you are carrying a...CD
case!

With some clever modifications I think you can really make this an
affordable killer Newton/Keyboard case.

I may get another one and modify it.

Let me describe it further. Black textured pleather. On the front of the
case, in the lower right hand corner of the case is an embossed logo. It
says "MC" (in big letters) and "Media Case" right below it. The case is one
of those 2 CD pockets per page, one above the other so the shape of the case
is narrow.

Inside both ends of the case are pockets for Zip or floppy disks, which you
can remove one and keep one for flash cards. The CD holders are white and
can be removed because they slip behind those pockets.

I bought it at an Office Depot store about a year or so ago. But I think
they still carry them.

Fellowes makes one similar, check it here:
http://www.officedepot.com/shop/catalog/sku.asp?ID=401161&LEVEL=SK&SID=ELDKM
9Q05LGM9L5FV4EPGPG9JHXS0S93&PP=14

But what I like about the Media Case one is that it's kind of boxy, you
know, like a book, the spine of the case is not rounded. I can't tell from
the picture at the OfficeDepot.com link above.

Here are some more cases that could be modified:
http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/SKU.asp?BCFlag=False&PageType=1&SKU=39
3969

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/SKU.asp?BCFlag=False&PageType=1&SKU=CL
GKSW48

I hope this gives you a great case once you figure out how to modify it. If
anyone does, please share your modification tips.

Oh, yeah, and it costs around 15 bucks.
Peace.