Re: [NTLK] 2100 screw

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 21:30:19 EDT

>One thing I noticed when trying to remove the SER: the
>connector almost
>stayed on the motherboard. It seems that the solder that hold
>it on the SER
>board are very light so if you try to remove it, the pins
>section may
>"stick" onto the motherboard. I carefully examined it after I
>fully put the
>connector back onto the SER board, and it was working fine. I
>did the
>"countersink" thing as well, since it was opened.

Laurent,

Can you please explain the steps you went through to countersink
the SER-001 screw hole?

I assume you probably obtained a countersink drill bit of a
specific size? Then "drilled" out the hole so it was a bit wider
and would allow the screw to sit flush with the surface of the board?

Is this correct?

If so, how did you know what size of countersink bit to use? Is
this something you can buy in the hardware store?

I got the concept but am having trouble with the details.

Thank you,

-Jeremy