Re: [NTLK] Beeing really brave: recharge NIMH in MP130 using

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 04:10:54 EDT

> >> I know that one really should not charge NIMHs inside the MP130
> > It's not a good idea because the power manager in the 130 expects to
> > recharge NiCADs, not NiMH, which don't have the same power
characteristics
> > than NiCADs. So, unless you deliberately want to damage your 130, don't
do
> > that and recharge your NiMH into their own charger.
> I was brave enough to try it.
> Works fine, at least the unit did not burst into flames.
I mean nothing can go wrong. This famous charging electronics does nothing
else than charging the accus with 50mA (that's always save for ANY accu) and
stop as soon as the charging end voltage (typically 1.3V per cell) is
reached. It must be that simply since it has work also w/o software. All
software can only monitor the charging/discharging and guess how long the
charge will last, if this is implemented.
But the really luxury NiMH accu charger you can find here:
http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/Npages/Naccu/Naccu.html
:-)

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse