Re: [NTLK] Higher sampling rate

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 10:56:24 EDT

> And who knows whether we could get the Newt and
> card to communicate to each other as well. A short while back
> I tried to find a PCMCIA audio card. Either I wasn't looking
> in the right place or they just aren't a popular item. I
> did find this little gem...
In 1996 I had discussion with National Instruments (http://www.ni.com), the
makers of PCMCIA ADC/DAC cards and other interfacing products regarding use
of their cards in a Newton. The answer was very simple:
As soon as the computer runs Windoze, MacOS or any X-thing and LabVIEW can
be installed it will run the PCMCIA products too, provided that the card
slot therefore is present. Any development for other platforms is very
unlikely unless it is a really widespread thing. Palm is no option, because
of the weak CPU and small memory.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing