[NTLK] eMate 2MB PCMCIA Memory Card Quirks...?

From: T. (midgard_at_dragon.org)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 13:51:34 EDT

Hi all,
I received my eMate the other day & am well pleased to receive it
from Brian McKeon. However, this emate seems to have an issue with
all of my memory cards. I am using an old 2MB card that works fine in
a MP110 I borrowed and it wants to mount it as read-only, though it
is read-write when I put it back into the 110. It also, of course,
mentions that the card is formatted using an older OS & wants to
format it to the newer OS. Ok, so that is quirky. No, I tell it, lets
not format, I like the stuff on the 110's card. So, I take another 2
MB card that does work in the 110 & insert it in the emate. It mounts
it as read-only. However, the card is read-write & works peachy in
the 110, and in a 120 that I borrowed. No, the eMate didn't offer to
format as the 120 is using NOS 2.0

So, my question is, why can't I get the eMate to mount any of my
cards as read-write? They are read-write in the MP110 (which didn't
support 3/5 volts, so I know the cards are fine.) is it a quirk in
the slot?

Thanks.
Timothy.

Specs: