Re: [NTLK] Syncing with an App - maybe starting a petition

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 17:55:42 EDT

Hello,

  Thank you for replying. I haven't installed your software because of one
line in your FAQ ' Can I sync Dates, To-Do's &Notes? Not yet.'

I know how hard it is to 'reverse engineer' a binary file of info without
the layout of the file. That is why I suggested going directly to a company
that is already producing a PIM. They know the layout of their files. They
haven't really considered adding Newton support because they don't think
that there is a market for that.

  You could get the schema for Entourage's files but you would probably have
to join some Microsoft Developers group and that probably costs several
thousands of dollars. And that reinforces my point. If a 1000 Newton users
signed a petition saying that we would all purchase Newtourage if you added
support for dates, to-do's, and notes then the several thousand dollars need
to get the info from Microsoft would not be a bad deal.

  I hope that you get Newtourage fully functioning. I personally use
Entourage. I would LOVE to pay you $25 to sync everything.

David