Re: [NTLK] DragonDemo working with Internal Microphone

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 10:58:05 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Whitcomb" <ken_at_imageguild.com>
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] DragonDemo working with Internal Microphone

> After installing DragonHack.pkg, I too was unsuccessful in my attempts to
> use DragonDemo with the internal microphone.

    Just for testing, you can follow this steps:

    1 freeze both DragonDemo and DragonHack
    2 Reboot your newton
    3 Unfreeze DragonDemo
    4 Unfreeze DragonHack

    5 Remember to select "Microphone" or "Line-in" in preferences-recording,
BEFORE running the program.

     6 Start DragonDemo and push start. If you can see the signal level gauge
moving when you speak, it's working.

    The program is very alpha, sometimes it stays at "listening" and won't
recognize anything. I haven't found yet what triggers it to show "recognizing".
    When it shows "Done", it looks like the program works much better.

Daniel Padilla