Re: [NTLK] Ethernet on 130????

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 11:53:10 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 10/12/01 11:43 AM, the entity known as
Alexandre Enkerli at aenkerli_at_indiana.edu conveyed the following:

> Wait! What? Ethernet on a 130? Is this possible?
> I always assumed Ethernet wasn't possible on a MP1x0. Apparently, Paul G.
> is of the same opinion. And he's our miracle-worker. But maybe there's a
> way...
> Now, I have an MP130 and an Ethernet card. If there's a driver for this
> setup, I'd be willing to beta-test it, just for kicks.
> TTFN...
>
> Alex

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK, you need NOS 2.1 (not 2.0) to
support Ethernet. Whether this is due to additional routines present only
in 2.1, or if this is a secondary effect (i.e., if the required drivers etc.
only function under the version of NIE that, in turn, only works on 2.1), is
not clear to me. However, wasn't there some talk recently about using
something like an EtherPrint box (serial printer - to - ethernet) to get an
MP130 onto an Ethernet-based network??

- Eric.