Re: [NTLK] Word docs to eMate (was: eMates for sale $99 update)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 12:02:09 EDT

on 10/12/01 11:51 AM, Ken Whitcomb at ken_at_imageguild.com wrote:

> Actually I did understand Sam to be working from a pc (there was that
> reference to that funny little .exe thing) I simply wanted to let all know
> that I'm not on a pc. (In case there would ever be any confusion on that
> point!)
>
> BTW, how's the progress on the WaveLAN driver coming? I'd like to help if I
> can. I own an airport base station and will purchase the WaveLAN or Orinoco
> card before you're finished if there is anything I can do to assist.
>
> Ken Whitcomb
>
> on 10/12/01 11:38 AM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> wrote:
>
>> Ken thought, since you were writing a thesis, that you were working on a
>> Macintosh, but you're not ;-)

Oups! Sorry about that!

The driver is coming very slowly. It's very very very hard to implement
because there is absolutely no documentation from Lucent, and the Linux
source code for the driver is almost completely uncommented. That will take
a little while, I'm afraid, and that might explain why the other guy that
was writing it got only limited success...

-Laurent.

bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown
even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a
bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous.
Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the
mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England)
`bozoish'.