Re: [NTLK] BackTalk (... problems with txt)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 02:46:14 EDT

Well, there you go! you answered your own question!

It said
> something about that there
> were no encodings available to let the Obex
> accomplish the task.

go here:
http://www.smartdogsw.com/backtalk/
and read the part under the heading:
"BackTalk ObEx Transport"
where it says:
"The BackTalk ObEx Transport requires the BackTalk
ObEx Stack module and the BackTalk InterChange module,
and will use whatever InterChange-compatible
translators are installed."

All Backtalk does is create a transport vehicle
enabling your Newt to communicate with other devices
using IRDA (a lisenced technology)
If you want to exchange items with Palm or WinCE
users, you need to install the correct interchange
module. These are freely available on the site as
well.

Go and install the interchange modules and try it
again and let us know.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- peter.edwardsson_at_equant.com wrote:

> peter.edwardsson_at_equant.com wrote:
>
> >> Is it possible that I have deleted something from
> the ROM that is
> essential
> >> to make the BackTalk to work properly?
>
> >Did you try a brainwipe with a reinstall ?
> >

> >Robert Benschop
>
> I did a hard reset (brainwipe on the Newton, not on
> my own brain though :)I
> didn't help. Installed BackTalk and no other
> packages. But was not able to
> beam anything from the notes at all. It said
> something about that there
> were no encodings available to let the Obex
> accomplish the task.
>
> This a registrated copy, not just the demo.
>
> As I asked in my previous email, is it possible to
> erase or delete
> something from the ROM by using RemoveIt or SAI
> Cleaner? Or is everything
> in the ROMs safe for any kind of misuse by the user?
> Is everything restored
> after a brainwipe?
>
> /Peter Edwardsson

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...