[NTLK] closer but no cigar on internet connection

From: jeff kisseloff (j.kisseloff_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 13:27:01 EDT

thanks for the suggestions, but I'm still not able to connect. I found a
box in nethopper that automatically sends you to the default set up. by
unchecking that, nethopper sent me to the correct set up, and it dialed
up and made a connection. but it then hung on "Loading up host address."
And after a few seconds, I got this message, "No response from current
DNS server."

I called verizon and read them the dns server numbers on my set up and
they said they were correct.

so what can it be?