Re: [NTLK] Printing via Ethernet ?

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 21:14:07 EDT

"Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com> wrote:
> > I left out the most important bit of that message. I was wondering
> > about connecting the Newt (120(2.0)) to the LocalTalk net and then
> > going through a bridge to a router on the ethernet network. That is
> > how a couple of my desktops connect. I had reason to believe that
> > this would work, but then some mention was made (a while ago when I
> > didn't have time to respond) that this would not work. Might someone
> > clarify?
>
>That should work. The LocalTalk packet from your 120 should be encapsulated
>by the router for printer delivery.
>
>-Laurent.
Excellent! My brother is coming home this weekend and he might have
a machine to replace the bridge. If so, I will soon be surfing on my
Newt. Sweet!

-James

The James Elliott Newton Site:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?