Re: [NTLK] VNC 3.3a1 now released

From: Grant [Metric Units] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 12:16:15 EDT

In a previous message, Richard Harbottle typed vigorously:

>I grabbed your software immediately and have tested it out on both a mac
>and a pc running the latest versions of their software. I can connect
>fine, but, there is no image on my newt - it's just blank. Any ideas?
>I'm sorry to pester you so soon, but, I guess there will be many help-me
>messages coming your way.

Hi Steve.

Congrats on the first release!

I am running into this same problem as Richard described above. The VNC
client connects and reports back the correct window name and screen
resolution, but there's no image on the Newt. I'm running the AT&T VNC
3.3.3b2 server on a G4 and have tried different monitor resolutions,
monitor bit depths, client display sizes, and client refresh rates - all
without any affect.

Please let me know if there is any specific setting or configuration
information you require to help figure this out. I mean, if the client
crashed or something, I could at least send you a BugTrap report... but
I've got nothing else. :)

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/