Re: [NTLK] VNC 3.3a2 avail

From: Grant [Postage Paid] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 15:57:53 EDT

In a previous message, Victor Rehorst typed vigorously:

>> One question Steve... how did you get the screen grabs you show on your
>> site? When I use NTK to captur ethe screen, the image is massively
>> stretched horizontally and appear in 1-bit mode. Likewise, when I use
>> Paul's GIF server that comes with my NPDS setup, I get a capture similar
>> to the blank screen I was describing with 3.3a1 - the application frame
>> and Newton soft buttons are visible, but the remote screen area appears
>> blank. Here's what I mean:
>
>AFAIR, to get screenshots to work properly with a 2000 and NTK, you need
>the absolute latest version of MacNTK (1.6.4GM) and the absolute latest
>version of the Toolkit package on your Newton (1.3b3 I believe). Check
>those versions...

It looks like I only had version 1.2 of the Toolkit package, so it was
off to UNNA... However, it doesn't look there is any version other than
1.2 available there, even in the current NewtonDev archives. I did find
1.3 in the NTK 1.6.4b3 archive on the UNNA mirror of the Planet Newton
programming tools.

http://guelph.unna.org/mirrors/download.planetnewton.com/download/programmi
ng/appledesktoptools.htm

Perhaps Toolkit 1.3 can be added to the NewtonDev collection down the
road. And yes, with 1.3 installed on my Newt, I can now make beautiful
pictures of VNC running on it.

http://www.splorp.com/junk/screenvnc011018a.gif

Whee.

Thanks.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/