Re: [NTLK] CF Card

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 19:33:08 EDT

Memory stick is a Sony creation. Only those that Sony
lisences to can use the Memory stick. Unless you have
another device that requires the Memory stick (like
the Sony MP3 player or a Sony camera) there is no real
need to use the memory stick.
The CF is more of an industry standard. It's tried and
true and because it's so entrenched in the technology
field, the price reflects its popularity. Because Sony
controls the Memory stick, they also control the
price, hence the higher price!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Edward Cheung <edwardcheung_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> the next thing i am going to purchase for my newton
> will be a memory
> card, I kind of read through Paul's web page about
> the type of CF card
> we can use with the ATA driver he is working on, and
> sony's memory stick
> is on the list. I am wondering is there any pros and
> cons on CF card and
> the memory stick? Prices is the different, and that
> is properly all I do
> know, what about speed, reliability, etc. And what
> to be aware of when
> getting the CF Card?
> thanks
> Ed Cheung

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...