[NTLK] How "international" is Newton OS?

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 21:17:05 EDT

The subject of my mail isn't very precise but what I would really like to
know is the following:

I'm in the market for a Newton 2100/upgraded 2000 (any reasonable offers
more than welcome, by the way) and was just wondering about the following:

Since I live in Gemany I sometimes see Newton devices on eBay/Germany
with the German OS. Some of my writing is done in German, but the bulk is
entered in English since I mainly use the Newton as an organizer for my
work as a language teacher of English. I assume though that the German OS
comes with a preinstalled German dictionary and thus doesn't easily
recognize most English words. Can the ability to recognize words in
another language be extended, i.e. are there any add-ons to the OS to
expand its dictionary capabilities in another language?

Thanks,

Chris Searles